Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Reading

This past winter I joined a women’s Bible Study through our church, East Cooper Baptist. We went through Beth Moore’s study of the book of Esther entitled “It’s Tough Being a Woman.” It was such a wonderful experience. I had read Esther pretty thoroughly on my own in college. In fact, I wrote a paper on it for my Old Testament class. However going through it again with an amazing group of women gave me a whole new perspective. Also, Beth Moore is such an incredible leader and together we were all able to discover so much application. Since the study ended in March, I have really been missing the fellowship and great discussions about scripture.

However, I have just discovered a women’s book club also done by the church. I just joined and got the book for June. Tonight will be our first meeting and we are reading Tim Keller’s The Reason for God. So far I have read the first 3 chapters (this week’s assignment) and I am really enjoying it. Keller discusses a lot of the doubts that both believers and nonbelievers struggle with about God. I am really looking forward to rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment