Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

This past Sunday was Easter. In the morning Stephen and I met my parents at ECBC for the Easter Service. It was a great message. After a time of worship one of the members went up and spoke about an experience he had. He was one of the passengers on the flight that landed in the Hudson. He talked about the peace he had when the plane was going down. He said that even though he thought he was going to die he knew he would be meeting his savior and was completely calm. It was a very moving story. Afterward Buster got up and compared Christianity to Buddhism and other religions. He explained that only in Christianity are we accepted by grace and not our own doings. What a wonderful and comforting thought.

After church we went home. We were going to try to do a little studying, but ended up taking a four hour nap instead. When we woke up, we drove to my parent's house for Easter dinner. Along with the traditional ham, we steamed oysters in the backyard. I ate one but couldn't bring myself to eat anymore. They taste good but I can't get over the texture. That didn't bother my two and half year old niece, Layna. My dad was feeding them to her and she kept saying "Another one please." I was very impressed. We watched her hunt plastic eggs with candy and dollars in them. After we ate the candy, we watched Stephen juggle the eggs and we even threw a couple at him to see if he wouldn't drop them. It was a lot of fun. We watched a little of the masters and blew bubbles in the back yard. It was a very nice, relaxing day.


Layna Bell


This is what I put in Stephen's Easter basket : )


Look at those cheeks!!





1 comment:

  1. What a great "Happy Easter Day it was! That Marcus should be a Cat Calendar model. He is so handsome!
    Keep up the great blogging!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete